Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Who stole Thanksgiving?

I know this isn’t the first year that we’ve all noticed this mystery.  There are many great and worthy holidays throughout the year. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Thanksgiving is for sure towards the top of the list, right?  Well, then…..where is it?  It’s as though it is disappearing right before our eyes.  Possibly it has been this way the past few years? I noticed the Christmas décor filling the shelves even before Halloween!   Is Halloween the next to go?  Please understand, I’m not complaining about Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas; the whole Christmas thing.  I’m the type who has birthday months, OK.  Any excuse to have a celebration, I’m all in baby!  Which is why I’m a bit upset that it seems that Thanksgiving has become Christmas’ sidekick.  Just hanging out in the back of Batmobile praying for a chance to get called onto the scene. 

My family and I are bringing Thanksgiving back to the limelight.  We are going to GIVE THANKS.  For 9 years we have gotten together with a large group of very close friends and we celebrate; we give thanks and spend the day enjoying time together.  I’m thankful for such a wonderful tradition and such amazing friends.   I’m thankful for the fact that we have a crop to share.  I’m thankful for my friends’ and family’s health.  Especially the ones who have struggled this year with illness. (They know who they are.)  I’m thankful for my husband and my son.  There just couldn’t be a better team!  I’m thankful for my mom who enables team Gartman to do what they do.  I’m thankful for all of the people in my life who give me the opportunity to live, work and be happy in this incredible place.  I’m thankful for all of the men and women who give their lives for this freedom we enjoy every day.  I’m just plain thankful.   My life rocks!

Everyone can celebrate Thanksgiving the way they wish. This year I encourage everyone, even if it’s just for a moment inside their head, to consciously and wholeheartedly give thanks to the people and things in your lives that give you happiness and the ability to live life as you do. 


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment